Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
The Missouri Department of Revenue, driving license division issues non-driver identification cards to State residents who don't have a valid ID card, driver license or instruction permit from the State or any other jurisdiction. The ID card can be used to prove your identity, age, and residence in a variety of situations. The identification card is valid for eight years, and expires on your birthday eight years after it was issued.
APPLYING FOR AN MISSOURI ID CARD
- Locate the driver's license office nearest you, as you will have to apply for the ID card in person. You cannot apply online.
- Complete the Driver License/Identification Card form.
- Bring proof, and proof of legal presence in US.
- You must also provide proof of your social security number (SSN). If you have never been issued a SSN, you may be required to obtain one, or else sign a Statement of Not Eligible for Social Security Number form.
- Provide proof of Missouri residency, with documents like recent utility bills, bank statements, Property Tax receipts, etc.
- Pay the ID card application fee of $11 by cash or check. Confirm the mode of payment with your office.
- You must also surrender any valid ID card issued by a state other than the state of Missouri.
RENEWING A MISSOURI ID CARD
- Locate the Driver's license office nearest you.
- The process for renewal is similar to getting a new ID card.
- The fee for renewal of an ID card is $11.
REPLACING A LOST, STOLEN, OR DESTROYED ID CARD
You may be issued a replacement identification card if your original ID card has been lost, stolen or destroyed, or if you have had a name or address change.
- Locate and report the loss of ID card to the nearest Driver's license office.
- Bring one proof of identity and an $11 replacement fee.