New Jersey Free Practice Test
New Jersey DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
The DMV.com free practice test consists of questions that cover a variety of different topics, mainly related to road rules and traffic laws in New Jersey. In order to be issued a drivers license in the state, you must prove that you are a responsible driver and that you understand road rules and regulations, as outlined by the DMV.
New Jersey drivers must abide by traffic laws in order to keep their driving license in good standing at all times. One of the best ways to familiarize yourself with these state-specific laws is to review the DMV.com Sample Practice Exams, so that you know what to expect on the day of your written knowledge test. Questions will touch on topics such as current and general traffic laws.
A crucial factor to being a safe driver in New Jersey is paying careful attention to traffic signs. Traffic signs are all around you, no matter where you go. Therefore, it is important that you are able to quickly recognize them and determine what they mean. For instance, how do you know when you aren’t allowed to make a U-turn? Get a head start by reviewing the traffic sign questions you will find on DMV.com’s FREE practice tests. When it comes to your big exam, you will be tested on all the knowledge you have attained.
Use the DMV.com Study Guide and Free Sample Practice Test to gain a better understanding of traffic signs.
The New Jersey DMV makes it mandatory for all drivers to know which traffic signals to use on the road. Just as important, however, is being able to recognize the traffic signals that others drivers around you are using. To learn what all of these different signals mean, do not hesitate to take the DMV.com sample practice test. The more you familiarize yourself with the content, the more confident you will feel as you prepare to take the written knowledge test.
Pavement markings make it easy for drivers to recognize important traffic information, such as which way to turn, or whether or not you are driving on a two-way street. Thus, you must become familiar with all the pavement markings in New Jersey. You can do so by simply taking the DMV.com sample practice test. Your practice test will consist of sections that note the following pavement markings:
- No passing zones
- No passing lanes
- Stop lines
- Center lines
- Traffic striping
- Bicycle lanes
- Turning lanes
Poor weather conditions can make it difficult to safely drive anywhere. Whether it is a sunny day or a thunderstorm is coming, it is important to know how to operate your vehicle in various types of weather conditions. The written knowledge test will cover sections related to driving in inclement weather, such as:
- Brake failure
- Wet brakes
- Engine malfunction or breakdown
- Operating a vehicle in the rain
- Operating a vehicle in the snow
- Operating a vehicle with limited visibility
- Malfunctioning gas pedals
- Flat tires
- Skidding and hydroplaning
New Jersey DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
To ensure that you receive a passing grade the first time you take a written knowledge exam, see the five steps you should follow below:
- Read through the New Jersey Driver’s Handbook – Content within the NJ driver’s manual is what you can expect to be tested on when applying for your drivers license. Familiarize yourself with all the road rules and traffic laws of your state.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – After you have learned everything you need to know with the state manual, put your knowledge to the test. Not only will you find similar questions to those featured in the office state manual, but you will also read about specific regulations that apply to New Jersey.
- Review the DMV.com Study Guide – Upon taking the drivers license sample test, the next step will be to read through the DMV.com Study Guide. You will find all the information you need for your exam day within the various sections and chapters of this helpful guide. Study as much as you feel is necessary.
- Take the Premium Practice Test – To see whether or not you have truly grasped all the information before you, get ready to take the Premium Practice Test as one of your finals steps. Take it as often as you like, and brush up on certain key topics that you could stand to learn more about. Taking the test numerous times is a foolproof way to ensure that you ace your written exam on your first try!
- Time for Your Appointment – After you have scored 90% or more on your practice test, that means you are ready to set an appointment at your local DMV branch. It is time for your big day!
Getting Your NJ Driver’s License
Although one of the first steps to getting your drivers license requires you to successfully pass a knowledge exam, there are many other key factors in the overall process. A New Jersey drivers license is issued to those applicants who complete this process:
- Take the DMV.com Free Driving Test.
- Use the DMV.com Study Guide to improve your knowledge of state road rules.
- Take the practice driving test as many times as necessary for a perfect result.
- Gather all documentation to apply for a drivers license.
- Set an appointment at your regional NJ DMV office.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pass a road skills exam.
- Submit the required documents to the New Jersey DMV office.