New York Free Practice Test
New York DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
The questions you will find in the DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test are based on the contents of the official New York Driver’s Manual. Information on traffic laws, signs and signals, parking and driving safety are all included in our free sample practice test. Our practice exam is designed to help you prepare for the official DMV drivers exam by giving you an idea of what driving information you need to focus on.
Safely Sharing the Road in New York
Safety rules are a large and mandatory part of the New York written driving test. It is important to learn all the regulations that help drivers keep themselves – and each other – safe while operating a vehicle. Learn these NY traffic laws by taking DMV.com’s Free NY Practice Test. The Sample Practice Exams are based off the official drivers manual, and will help you pass the official written exam on your first try!
Being able to recognize traffic signs, and know their meaning, is crucial in order to pass the New York written knowledge exam. Traffic signs help you find your way on roadways, and are important to help avoid vehicular accidents. The DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test covers question topics such as:
- Traffic sign meanings.
- Traffic sign identification.
- Placards and warning signs.
- Turns at intersections.
Use the New York DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test to learn all about the traffic signs you will come across as a driver in New York.
Traffic signals are an essential part of a driver’s education. Traffic signals regulate the flow of traffic so it is important to know what each one means. Traffic lights, construction signals, and school zone indicators are all signals that will be covered with practice test questions. Use the Free DMV.com practice exam to see what traffic signal content will be covered on the official written test.
Keeping proper distance between your vehicle and another vehicle is a skill that needs to be practiced. Before you attempt to practice, it is important to learn some useful information on braking and following distance. The free sample test made by DMV.com, provides answers to most common questions about:
- Perception distance.
- Reaction distance.
- Slowing down and smooth stops.
- Managing high and low speeds.
- Impact of speed on braking power.
Inclement weather affects a driver’s safety while on the road. This is why learning about driving in heavy rain, snow, fog or wind is crucial. By studying the questions from the DMV.com sample practice test, you will become familiar with standard practices for safe driving during bad weather conditions. Study the material provided in the free sample test to answers questions about:
- Driving in rain and snow.
- Driving with limited visibility.
- Engine breakdown.
- Blown tires.
- Wet brakes or brake failure.
- Jammed gas pedals.
- Drifting, skidding, and hydroplaning.
New York DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
To pass the NY written exam, DMV.com advises you to follow this five-step written driving test study checklist to prepare for the official test:
- Read the official NY Driver’s Manual – The New York drivers manual is the original source for all important test material. Focus on sections about road rules and regulations, as well as traffic signs, parking and safe driving. The official drivers written exam contains questions from all relevant manual sections.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – This will give you a preview of what is expected of you on the official driving test. The DMV.com free sample test questions are derived from the information in the New York Driver’s Manual. We make sure all relevant topics are covered in our exams.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide – Once you have taken the drivers license sample test, read DMV.com’s extended New York Study Guide. This guide is a short version of the official NY Driver’s Manual. The information in the study guide is summarized into shorter sections to assist you in remembering the material.
- Premium Practice Tests – The results of your DMV.com Sample Test will tell you how much further preparation you need for the written drivers exam. Take the DMV.com Premium Practice Test as many times as you require to achieve a passing score. These tests will give you the knowledge, and confidence you need to pass the official drivers exam on the first try.
- Schedule an Appointment – A score of 90 percent or higher on the sample practice test means that you are ready to take the official written exam. Book your official test appointment with the NY DMV and pass the written drivers exam in one try!
Getting Your NY Driver’s License
When you receive your passing score on the NY DMV written drivers test, you are one step closer to getting your driver’s license. To complete the process, follow this 10-step process:
- Read the New York drivers manual
- Take the DMV.com New York Free Practice Driving Test.
- Explore the DMV.com Study Guide to strengthen weaker areas.
- Practice with the premium sample tests until you make sure that you know the material.
- Complete the application and collect the required documents relevant for getting your driver’s license.
- Schedule an appointment to take the test.
- Take the official DMV written knowledge exam.
- Get a vision test.
- Pass the road skills test.
- Submit your required forms, documents and fees.