Virginia Free Practice Test
Virginia DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
The DMV.com free driving practice test contains questions on material that can be found in the official Virginia driver’s manual. Drivers must dedicate time for reading and studying the driver’s manual before taking the DMV.com practice test. The major topics you should focus on are signs and signals, traffic laws, parking and safe driving.
Traffic laws must be obeyed to ensure drivers operate their vehicles safely and with minimal incident. The official Virginia written drivers exam contains several different sections, from simple questions about traffic signals to questions that test your knowledge on how to deal with an accident.
These laws ae numerous and can seem overwhelming to first time drivers. DMV.com’s Sample Practice Exam allows you to test your knowledge without having to worry about failing the real test. Now you know which information you need to study before you take the official written exam.
Drivers in Virginia ae expected to recognize, understand and obey all traffic signs the encounter on the road. The official Virginia written drivers exam contains a section of questions on traffic signs.
Drivers must learn to understand what information each traffic signs are relaying in order to pass the written knowledge exam. The section with traffic signals questions contains the following:
- Traffic sign meanings.
- Traffic sign identification.
- Placards and warning signs.
- Turns at intersections.
Use the DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test and learn how to follow the traffic signs.
Virginia drivers motor vehicles drivers are expected to learn how to follow traffic signals. Signals regulate the flow of traffic and help keep motorists and pedestrians safe.
The official Virginia written drivers test contains questions regarding traffic signals. DMV.com’s practice tests contain questions that a future driver must know before taking the written exam. Learn everything you need to know about how to identify each traffic signal, and nderstand it’s meaning.
Pavement markings are used as a guide to regulate the flow of traffic. You need to learn what each marking means, and how to follow it’s instructions properly.
Check your knowledge by taking the DMV.com sample practice test. Examples of pavement markings topics covered are:
- Stop lines
- Crosswalk lines
- Railroad crossings
- Center lines
- No passing lines
- Edge lines
- Lane divisions
- Turning lanes
- Bicycle lanes
- Traffic striping
Weather conditions may affect a drivers ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Both new and experienced drives find it difficult to drive in inclement weather.
Individuals must learn how to operate vehicles in bad weather conditions, such as fog, rain or snow. The Virginia written drivers exam includes questions on operating motor vehicles in inclement weather conditions. The Official DMV written drivers exam will focus on the following driving situations:
- Driving in rain and snow
- Driving with limited visibility
- Engine breakdown
- Blown tires
- Wet brakes or brake failure
- Jammed gas pedals
- Drifting, skidding, and hydroplaning
DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
To get good results, DMV.com recommends you follow this five-step written drivers exam study checklist to get the most out of your preparations:
- Read the Official Virginia Driver’s License Manual – Study the sections coveing traffic laws, signs and signals, parking, and safe driving since questions on the written drivers exam will be taken from these sections.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – This will test your knowledge after reading the manual. The DMV.com Sample Test will give you a chance to practice on questions with similar content and format to official written exam. Remember that the questions are all taken from the Virginia driver’s license manual.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide – After taking and completing the driver’s license sample test, read through the DMV.com Study Guide. This Guide offers all the information from the Virginia driver’s license manual reorganized in a way that makes it easier to learn.
- Premium Practice Tests – The DMV.com Sample Test will serve as a way to determine your level of performance before taking the official Virginia written drivers exam. If you need additional preparation and studying, purchase the DMV.com Premium Practice Test. You may take these tests as many times as you feel is necessary. The premium practice tests will help you test you level of preparedness, and increase your confidence before taking the official exam.
- Make an Appointment – – When you score 90 percent or higher on a practice test, you are ready to schedule an appointment at the Virginia DMV. All of your preparation will allow you to pass your exam on the first try!
Getting Your Driver’s License
Virginia residents who want to get a driver’s license need to pass the DMV written driver’s test. Remember that without the examination you will not be able to apply and get a driver’s license. To get your driver’s license, follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the Virginia drivers manual
- Take the DMV.com Free Driving Test.
- Use the DMV.com Study Guide to increase your areas of knowledge.
- Take the practice driving test as many times as you think is needed, until you reach the desired results.
- Collect the required documents for getting a driver’s license.
- Schedule an appointment at your local Virginia DMV office.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a road skills exam.
- Submit the required documents at any Virginia DMV office.