West Virginia Free Practice Test
West Virginia DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
This free sample driver’s test made by the expert team at DMV.com covers crucial test topics that will be checked on the West Virginia written knowledge exam. The free sample test questions are based on the official drivers handbook. To make sure that you will pass the written exam at the DMV in a calm and confident way, start practicing with the questions included in our free practice test. This is one surefire method for getting an instruction permit on your first test attempt.
West Virginia Road Rules
You are not on the road alone. In addition to the basic driving lessons about handling vehicle equipment, you must prove that you know how to maneuver in traffic. To learn communication styles and how to respect the rules for sharing the road, read about these topics in the WV Driver’s Licensing Handbook. Then, test yourself by answering our written driving test questions about:
- Driving signals.
- Turning maneuvers.
- Changing direction.
- Backing up.
- Parking maneuvers.
- Angle and parallel parking.
- Parking on hills.
- Following at a distance.
- Changing lanes.
The West Virginia written test contains questions about various traffic signs and controls. To pass the written exam, you must show sufficient knowledge about the shapes and the meanings of all sign groups. Learn the regulations that apply to traffic signs by reading the handbook and answering questions about the following topics on our free sample practice test:
- Single message shaped signs
- Square and rectangular signs
- Diamond and warning signs
- Construction and maintenance signs
- Guide signs
- Railroad crossing signs and signals
The West Virginia DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test helps you acquire valuable knowledge about traffic lights, intersection flashers, lane use signals, crosswalk signals and pavement markings on West Virginia roadways.
Driving in unusual road conditions can be difficult for beginner drivers. As you start driving, not everything will be perfect. To learn how to deal with lazy, impatient, arrogant or aggressive drivers, get your copy of the DMV.com free practice test. Learn how to act if you encounter worsened road conditions, as well as how to manage fatigue or a lack of concentration by answering questions on our sample practice test. Complete this section, and you will be able to answer written exam questions about:
- Light conditions
- Rain and flooding
- Snow and sleet
- High winds
- Fog and smoke
West Virginia DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
DMV.com prepared this five-step written driving exam checklist to help you enhance your studying for the official DMV written exam:
- Start by reading the official WV driver’s handbook – Pay attention to the regulations about safe driving practices, traffic signs, adverse weather conditions and dangerous driving behaviors. These are the topics you will need to know about for the official drivers written exam.
- Test your knowledge with the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – In case you are not sure about all test items, this tool will help you become more confident. The DMV.com free sample test presents questions in the same format as on the official West Virginia written drivers exam.
- Review the DMV.com optimized Study Guide – Once you take the drivers license sample test, move forward by reading the vital test topics in the West Virginia DMV.com Study Guide. The guide contains condensed information from the official driver’s handbook. Key topics are formatted in an easy-to-read document to help you memorize required test material.
- Take the Premium Practice Test – The full practice test is the final study aid made by DMV.com to ensure your success. Take the Premium Practice Test to back up critical test material and ace the written exam in one go.
- Make an appointment at the DMV – After you reach a score of more than 90% on the sample practice test, you are ready to book the official written exam. Make your appointment now and get your learner’s permit!
Getting Your WV Driver’s License
After you obtain a passing score on the West Virginia DMV written driving test, there are a few more actions you need to take to get the license and start driving. To get your driver’s license in West Virginia, pay attention to this 10-step process created by DMV.com:
- To start, see how much you know with the DMV.com West Virginia Free Practice Driving Test.
- Back up your knowledge of the troublesome spots with the DMV.com Study Guide.
- Practice with DMV.com’s unlimited premium practice test.
- Gather relevant supporting documents and fill out the application form.
- Book an appointment to take the DMV West Virginia official test.
- Take the official written knowledge test.
- Get your vision tested for a 20/40 vision certificate.
- Pass the road test.
- Submit the application, additional documents and fees to the DMV.
- Get your WV driver’s license.