Ohio Free Practice Test
Ohio DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
DMV.com bases all of its practice test questions on Ohio’s official driver handbook. Just as the official written exam does, these practice questions focus on traffic signs, safe motor vehicle operation, road rules and road regulations.
Ohio’s traffic laws play a prominent role in keeping drivers safe on state roadways. For that reason, it is no surprise that questions on traffic laws play a prominent role in the official Ohio drivers exam. From red light penalties to properly dealing with a car accident, take DMV.com’s Sample Practice Tests to see how well you know your road rules.
Traffic signals are a part of every daily commute, and the official written knowledge exam is full of questions on them. So you can expect to be asked about all of the following:
- Ramp signals
- Traffic control signals
- Signals for pedestrian crossings
- Signals for lane movements
Take a DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test to see how well you know your traffic signals.
A driver must always be able to understand and observe the traffic signs of the road. You can get a firsthand look at all of the most common road sign questions by taking a DMV.com practice test.
Pavement markings are one of the most important factors related to safe driving. Try out our practice exam to see if you are up to speed on the following:
- Bike lanes
- Turn lanes
- No-pass zones
- One-way streets
- Reversible lanes
- Shared-use lanes (sharrows)
- Lane separations
- Roadway edges
Weather will always play a factor in your ability to drive safely, regardless of where you live. Residents of Ohio must answer questions on their written knowledge exam related to the proper operation of a motor vehicle in various kinds of inclement weather. Common situations that drivers will be tested on include:
- Operating a vehicle with wet brakes.
- Dealing with brake failure.
- Handling blown tires.
- Dealing with engine malfunctions.
- Handling skidding.
- Dealing with jammed gas pedals.
Ohio DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
To achieve the results you desire, DMV.com has outlined the following five-step written knowledge test studying checklist, for your convenience:
- Go over Ohio’s official motor vehicle handbook. Pay special attention to the sections on the rules and regulations of the road, as well as the sections that focus on signs and proper motor vehicle operation. The questions that you find on the written test will reflect the information in these parts of the handbook.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test to get a taste for the actual exam. All questions on the practice test are taken straight from Ohio’s official driver handbook, just like the official exam.
- Consider getting the comprehensive DMV.com Study Guide. This extensive guide condenses all of the important information found on the official driving handbook and presents it in a way that is organized and easy to understand.
- Gauge your knowledge. Once you have taken your DMV.com Sample Test, use the results to determine if you need additional preparation. If so, the DMV.com Premium Practice Test is available for unlimited use.
- The moment you reach a score of 90 percent or better, you are ready to hit the DMV. Schedule your exam appointment and prepare to get your Ohio learners permit.
Getting Your OH Driver’s License
While acing your driver’s test is a top priority for anyone who wants to obtain an OH driver’s license, the exam is just part of the overall application process. In order to get your drivers license in Ohio, you will have to complete all of the following steps:
- Take the Free Driving Test on DMV.com.
- Download the DMV.com Study Guide to bolster your driving knowledge and improve on your problem areas.
- Continue to take the Ohio practice test until you reach the high marks you desire.
- Compile all of the identification documents you will need to present at your local DMV.
- Schedule an exam appointment at your nearest DMV location.
- Take the official written drivers test.
- Pass the required vision screening.
- Take the road skills exam.
- Hand in all of the necessary documents.