How to Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Georgia
The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) notifies vehicle owners of the expiration date of their vehicle registration by mail in the form of a "pre-bill." Vehicle registrations can be renewed before the expiration date either by mail, in person, or using the DDS's online service for some counties.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL BY U.S. MAIL
- Send the completed registration renewal form and the appropriate payment to:
Georgia Motor Vehicle Division Attn: Renewal Center P.O. Box 740381 Atlanta, GA 30374-0381
REGISTRATION RENEWAL VIA THE INTERNET
- You should have the "pre-bill" sent to your correct address to be able to renew online.
- Go to the Georgia Department of Driver Services Online Services website.
- Have your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or debit card (MasterCard or VISA) handy to pay for the renewal. You can also request an electronic withdrawal from your checking account.
- A transaction fee of $4.95 for up to 30 tags per transaction will be charged.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN PERSON
- Locate the DDS office in your area.
- Bring the registration renewal form, proof that you have passed a recent emission inspection, along with cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal fees and ad valorem taxes to the local Tax Commissioner's office.
FEESRegistration for different categories of vehicles in Georgia will have different fees ranging from $12 to over $200 as seen here.
- Before renewal, check for errors in the "pre-bill" that arrived in the mail.
- For correction or change of address, you can call (404) 968-3600.
- For any other error, dial (404) 968-3600 and explain the error to the DDS customer service agent