How to Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Mississippi
The Mississippi State Tax Commission notifies vehicle owners of the expiration date of their vehicle registration by mail. Vehicle registrations can be renewed before the expiration date either using the Mississippi State Tax Commission's online service, or in person.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL VIA THE INTERNET
- Online renewal of registration is permissible for the following counties through this online service:
Alcorn, Desoto, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson, Lafayette, Lauderdale, Lee, Madison, Rankin, Warren.
- If your county of residence is Hinds County, online renewal can be done through another website.
- Payment can be made with a credit card provided your local county government accepts credit cards.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN PERSON
- In case your county is not listed above, you need to renew your registration in person at the local tax commissioner's office.
- Bring the registration renewal form, along with cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
The basic renewal fee is $8.75 per vehicle.
- Before renewal, check for errors in the pre-printed vehicle renewal notice that arrived in the mail.
- For correction or change of address, the State requires you to visit the local tax commissioner's office in person.
- No fee is charged during any address change updates during your regular renewal of registration.
- In case of address change during renewal of registration, a $5 charge is levied.
- For all other information related to renewal of registration call (601) 923-7143.