Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Mutilated Mississippi Driver's License or ID Card
If your Mississippi driver's license or identification card has been lost, stolen, or mutilated, you can apply for a replacement or duplicate license at your local Highway Patrol Driver License office.
Instructions for replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated Mississippi driver's license or identification card:
A Mississippi driver's license can be replaced through an online application provided you still live in the address printed on your current license or in person. To apply online, visit the Department of Public Safety online services page.
To apply in person follow the instructions below:
- Locate the Mississippi Highway Patrol Driver License office here. Be sure to note the days and hours of operation.
- Bring proper identification. The state of Mississippi requires that you present two pieces of primary ID when applying for a duplicate driver's license or identification card. Alternatively, you can bring one piece of primary ID AND one piece of secondary ID. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must provide proof of guardianship and also present a notarized affidavit.
- Bring the correct fee. Normally, there is a $5 cash fee for replacing a lost, stolen, or mutilated license or identification card. If you lose your license the second time, there will be a charge of $ 10 for reissuing the same. Please contact your nearest you to confirm the fee before applying in person, since fees may vary.
Instructions for Mississippi residents who are temporarily out of state:Mississippi residents who are temporarily out of state and unable to apply in person may apply for a duplicate license or identification card through the mail or online. Such persons may include military personnel or students who are either out of the state or country, among others.
- You can apply online for a duplicate license at the Department of Public Safety website provided you still live at address printed in your current license. But the duplicate will only be mailed to your permanent address.
- If applying by mail, obtain a cashier's check or money order in the correct amount, made payable to: Department of Public Safety. Please contact the Department of Public Safety at (601) 987 1212 to confirm the correct fee, as fees may vary.
- Mail a self-addressed stamped envelope along with the required documents and payment to:
Mississippi Highway Patrol Driver Services Post Office Box 958 Jackson, Mississippi 39205
- The duplicate license or identification card will be processed and mailed to you in approximately 10-12 business days.
- If your license or identification will expire within the next six months, you are eligible to renew your license or identification card.