How to Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Minnesota
Vehicle registrations at the Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Division of Driver and Vehicle Safety (DVS) can be renewed before the expiration date either through the mail, using the DVS's online service, or in person.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL BY U.S. MAIL
- Send the completed registration renewal form and the appropriate payment to:
DVS Renewal P.O. Box 64587 St. Paul, MN 55164-0587
REGISTRATION RENEWAL VIA THE INTERNET
- Go to the Minnesota Division of Driver and Vehicle Safety Online Services website.
- Have your credit card (Visa, MasterCard). You can also request an electronic withdrawal from your checking account.
- There is an additional fee of $1.75 for online renewals.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN PERSON
- Locate the Driver and Vehicle Services office in your area.
- Bring the registration renewal form or a photo ID along with cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
FEESRegistration for different categories of vehicles in Minnesota will have different fees that range from $4.50 to $8.50 as seen here.
- Before renewal, check for errors in the pre-printed vehicle renewal notice that arrived in the mail.
- For change of address, you can use this page on the DVS website.
- For other corrections or questions call (651) 296 6911, email email@example.com, or contact a here