How to Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Florida
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles notifies vehicle owners of the expiration date of their vehicle registration by mail. Vehicle registrations can be renewed before the expiration date either by telephone, using the DMV's online service, or in person.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL BY TELEPHONE
You can use a touchtone phone to renew your registration. You will need a Visa, MasterCard or American Express card to pay for the renewal transaction. The procedure has an additional $2.90 service fee.
- Have your credit/debit card and the registration renewal notice handy before the call.
- Call the toll free number 866-GORENEW (866- 467-3639)
- Follow the instructions to complete the registration renewal.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL VIA THE INTERNET
- Go to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles Online Services website.
- Have your Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card handy to pay for the renewal.
- There is no additional fee for online renewals.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN PERSON
- Locate the nearest DMV office or tax collector's office.
- Bring the registration renewal form along with current insurance information and cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
FEESRegistration for different categories of vehicles in Florida will have different fees starting from $27.60 as seen here.
- Before renewal, check for errors in the pre-printed vehicle renewal notice that arrived in the mail.
- For correction or change of address, use the online services to correct your address before renewing, or visit the nearest tax collector's office. If done by mail or in person, it is free of cost. For the online service, there is a nominal charge payable by credit card.