In order to change your address on your Kansas drivers license, you need to complete a number of important steps when applying. In order to simplify the process, you will need to gather the necessary documents, calculate your required fee payment before being able to change your address on your Kansas drivers license. Online assistance can help you complete all of these steps quickly and easily by providing you with all of the information you need to know about replacing your license. Start simplifying your application process today.
2. By Mail
Rather than get ahead with online assistance and services, some Kansas residents prefer to handle their DMV transactions via mail. Drivers can complete a few different procedures by mail, but payment methods are restricted, and the transactions have inconvenient and lengthy turnaround times for results.
3. Via a DMV Office
Certain transactions must be completed in person at a Kansas DMV office. However, before visiting a local branch, be sure to verify that the location offers the service you require. Not all DMV procedures can be completed at every location. Additionally, note that wait times are typically lengthy. So make sure to take advantage of online assistance to prepare for your visit.
If you moved to KS and are looking for info on ID and vehicle document updates, see this guide for more info
If you are a Kansas resident and have changed addresses or plan to do so in the near future, you must have the address information updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to notify your insurance provider of your new address.
REPORTING A CHANGE OF ADDRESS TO THE DRIVER LICENSE DIVISION
You must notify the Kansas Driver License Division of a change in address within 10 days of moving to a new residence. Reporting a change of address to your local driver license office is simple, and can be done in person, via mail, or online. If you are a commercial license holder, apply in person at your local driver license office.
Reporting an address change in person:
- Locate the driver license office nearest you.
- Bring your current license, along with proper identification.
Reporting an address change by mail:
- Complete the change of address form (DC-1) and mail it to the following address:
Division of Motor Vehicles
Topeka, Kansas 66612-2021
You need to provide your full name, date of birth, driver license number along with your new address.
Reporting an address change via the Internet:
You can report a change of address online. Just fill out the online address change form and follow instructions provided.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR VEHICLE TITLE AND REGISTRATION
When you make an address change in your driver license, the Division of Motor Vehicles will automatically update all your records including vehicle registrations.
Alternatively, you can visit your local tax collector office or call the Titles and Registrations Bureau at (785) 296-3621 to report the change of address and have this information updated on your Kansas Vehicle Title and Registration certificate.
NOTIFYING YOUR INSURANCE SERVICE PROVIDER OF AN ADDRESS CHANGE
- You must also notify your insurance provider of your change of address, so that you receive timely information regarding due dates for payments, renewals, and other communication.
- To save time and money, some Kansas drivers who change addresses choose to obtain a free quote for new auto insurance instead of changing the address with their current insurance provider. Not only does this save the hassle of contacting and notifying the current insurance company, but it could potentially save hundreds of dollars by identifying companies that offer lower rates and/or better coverage.