If you are a Kansas resident and have changed addresses or plan to do so in the near future, you must have the address information updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to notify your insurance provider of your new address.
REPORTING A CHANGE OF ADDRESS TO THE DRIVER LICENSE DIVISION
You must notify the Kansas Driver License Division of a change in address within 10 days of moving to a new residence. Reporting a change of address to your local driver license office is simple, and can be done in person, via mail, or online. If you are a commercial license holder, apply in person at your local driver license office.
Reporting an address change in person:
- Locate the driver license office nearest you.
- Bring your current license, along with proper identification.
Reporting an address change by mail:
- Complete the change of address form (DC-1) and mail it to the following address:
Division of Motor Vehicles Box 12021 Topeka, Kansas 66612-2021
You need to provide your full name, date of birth, driver license number along with your new address.
Reporting an address change via the Internet:
You can report a change of address online. Just fill out the online address change form and follow instructions provided.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR VEHICLE TITLE AND REGISTRATION
When you make an address change in your driver license, the Division of Motor Vehicles will automatically update all your records including vehicle registrations.
Alternatively, you can visit your local tax collector office or call the Titles and Registrations Bureau at (785) 296-3621 to report the change of address and have this information updated on your Kansas Vehicle Title and Registration certificate.
NOTIFYING YOUR INSURANCE SERVICE PROVIDER OF AN ADDRESS CHANGE
- You must also notify your insurance provider of your change of address, so that you receive timely information regarding due dates for payments, renewals, and other communication.
- To save time and money, some Kansas drivers who change addresses choose to obtain a free quote for new auto insurance instead of changing the address with their current insurance provider. Not only does this save the hassle of contacting and notifying the current insurance company, but it could potentially save hundreds of dollars by identifying companies that offer lower rates and/or better coverage.