- your advisor for Utah DMV issues (not from Utah? Select another state)

Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save - Exclusive

How to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Utah

You may apply for a duplicate vehicle title if your original title is lost, stolen, or damaged. A vehicle with a missing title cannot be bought or sold, so owners must apply for and obtain a replacement before they can sell their vehicle.


  1. Complete the Form TC-123, Duplicate Title Application signed by the owner/s.
  2. If your original title is damaged or mutilated, you must return the original title when applying for a replacement.
  3. If your title shows a lien holder, you must receive permission from the lien holder before getting a replacement title.


Along with your application form and the other materials, you must submit a $6 duplicate title fee.


You can submit the application and fees for a duplicate title at your local Utah Motor Vehicles office or mail the package to:

Utah State Tax Commission

Motor Vehicle Division

210 North 1950 West

Salt Lake City, UT 84134

Use zip code 84116 when using express service like FedEx, USP, etc.


Reviews of How to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Utah

I bought a trailer years ago but because of it's size I did not have to license it. I never transferred the title. We moved and during the move seemed to have lost the title. I do not have any info on the previous owners. How do I replace the title?

I had a lein holder on a car I purchased in 2005. My lein holder was bought out by a different bank and now neither banks have any information regarding my vehicle. I can not register it nor can I sell, etc without a duplicate title. I can not get a duplicate or lost title without the information or approval of my "lein holder" I have had my VIN ran through several companies and it is not connected to any other vehicle or mine. I have gone to lawyers and am in a catch 22 loop hole. Please assist me in obtaining a lost title!

I have little problem i wondering if someone could help me with.....See i bought a car from someone and signed the title and everything but never registered it and it got torn up by someone who didnt like me very much and so im wondering if there is anyway to get another title by contacting the original owner i have the vehicle with me and can give any info needed. please contact me as soon as possible., or Cell phone-801604-7076 Thanks

Skyler Yee


Auto Insurance Comparison

Find the Best Rates
and save money