Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Mutilated Indiana Driver's License or ID Card
If your Indiana driver's license or identification card has been lost, stolen, or mutilated, you can apply for a replacement or duplicate license at your local Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV).
Instructions for replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated Indiana driver's license or identification card:
- Locate the Indiana BMV license office BMV license branch office. Be sure to note the days and hours of operation.
- Bring proper identification. The state of Indiana requires that you present one piece of primary ID and one piece of secondary ID when applying for a duplicate driver's license or identification card. You must also provide proof of your Social Security number or proof of ineligibility of the same.
- Bring the correct fee. Normally, there is a $10 fee for replacing a lost, stolen, or mutilated license. Please contact your local BMV office to confirm the fee before applying in person, since fees may vary.
Instructions for Indiana residents who are temporarily out of state:
Indiana residents who are temporarily out of state and unable to apply in person may apply for a verification letter which will have a validity period of 90 days.
- Download and complete the application form from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles website.
- Obtain a check or money order in the correct amount, made payable to: Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Please contact the BMV at (317) 233 6000 to confirm the correct fee, as fees may vary.
- Mail the completed form, along with your payment to:
Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
531 Virginia Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46203
- The request will be processed in about 7 business days. On returning to Indiana you can apply for a replacement license following the steps given earlier.
- If your license or identification will expire within the next one year, you can renew your license or identification card instead of applying for a replacement.
- You cannot apply for a replacement driver's license or identification online.