Replace a Lost, Stolen, or Mutilated Oklahoma Driver's License or ID Card
If your Oklahoma driver's license or identification card has been lost, stolen, or mutilated, you can apply for a replacement or duplicate license at your local Tag Agent or the Department of Public Safety.
Instructions for replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated Oklahoma driver's license or identification card:
- Locate the Oklahoma tag agent nearest you. Be sure to note the days and hours of operation.
- Bring proper identification. The state of Oklahoma requires that you present one piece of primary ID or finger image comparison and one piece of secondary ID when applying for a duplicate driver's license or identification card.
- Bring the correct fee. Normally, there is a $10 fee for replacing a lost, stolen, or mutilated license. Please contact your local tag agent to confirm the fee before applying in person, since fees may vary.
Instructions for Oklahoma residents who are temporarily out of state:
Oklahoma residents who are temporarily out of state and unable to apply in person may apply for a duplicate license or identification card through the mail. Such persons may include military personnel or students who are either out of the state or country, among others.
- Obtain a cashier's check for the amount of $10.00, made payable to: Oklahoma Department of Public Safety.
- Mail the payment along with the required information to:
Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
Driver License Services, Renewal By Mail
P. O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73136
- If your license or identification will expire within the next six months, you can renew your license or identification card. Instead of applying for a replacement.
- You cannot apply for a replacement driver's license or identification online.