- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
Kansas DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The goal of this test is to determine whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, although in some instances this period might be shortened if serious health problems might appear in the future.
Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is allowed.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.