- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
Colorado DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a commercial drivers license must pass the Department of Transportation health exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some instances this period might be decreased if serious health issues might arise in the future.
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is strictly forbidden
To find a CDL physical exam location close to you look at the list below.