- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
Alabama DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The goal of this exam is to determine whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, although in some instances this period might be decreased if serious health problems might arise in the future.
Department of Transportation Requirements
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Must be capable of distinguishing colors found on traffic signals.
- Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
- In case you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician which states that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions restrictions.