- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
- Vehicle Registration: Renewals, Replacements and Transfers
Also available online:
California DOT Physical Exam For CDL
Federal guidelines mandate that all commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The goal of this exam is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, although in some instances this period might be shortened if serious health problems could arise in the future.
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
- In case you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will be required to present the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician which states that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.