- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
Rhode Island DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The goal of this exam is to determine whether a potential driver is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, although in some instances this period might be shortened in case that serious health issues could appear in the future.
Department of Transportation Requirements
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are allowed.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is forbidden
- If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will be required to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test as well as with a note from your physician which states that you are capable of driving a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions restrictions.
Check the the list below to find a physical exam location close to you.