- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
New Jersey DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the DOT physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely now and in the foreseable future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health problem which might become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
Department of Transportation Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for passing the DOT physical exam.
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is strictly disallowed
- If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as collapse, congestive cardiac failure or cardiac insufficiency, then you will have to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test as well as with a note from your physician stating that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions restrictions.