- CDL Practice Tests: Pass your CDL exam the first time
- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
West Virginia DOT Physical Exam For CDL
Federal guidelines mandate that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The purpose of this exam is to determine whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some instances this period might be decreased in case that serious health issues could arise in the future.
Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
- Needs to be capable of distinguishing colors found on traffic signals.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.