Address Change - guidance for if you moved in Arizona and need to change your ID and vehicle documents
If you are an Arizona resident and have changed addresses or plan to do so in the near future, you must have the address information updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to notify your insurance provider of your new address.
REPORTING A CHANGE OF ADDRESS TO THE DRIVER LICENSE DIVISION
You must notify the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of a change in address within 10 days of moving to a new residence, and to obtain a replacement driver license. Reporting a change of address to your local MVD office is simple, and can be done in person, by telephone, or online. If you are a commercial license holder, apply in person at your local driver license office.
Reporting an address change in person:
- Locate the local MVD or Authorized Third Party office nearest you.
- Fill out a change of address card. Details will include your full name, date of birth, driver license number, old address and new address.
- Address change is free, unless you wish to apply for a new driver's license for a fee of $4.
- Allow 10 days for processing.
Reporting an address change by telephone:
- Call (877) 301-8093 and talk to an MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) agent.
- Follow the verbal instructions carefully.
- Address changes are free, unless you wish to apply for a new driver's license for a fee of $4.
Reporting an address change via the Internet:
- You can report a change of address by filling out this form online. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Address changes are free, except if you wish to apply for a new license for a fee of $4.00.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR LICENSE
Applying for a license with your new address is easy. You can do one of the following:
- Go to the Arizona online services website and follow instructions to apply for a duplicate license.
- Call 877-301-8093 and follow the verbal instructions provided.
- Go to an MVD or Authorized Third Party office.
There is a fee of $4.00 to apply for a duplicate license.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR VEHICLE TITLE AND REGISTRATION
- You must notify yourlocal MVD office of a change of address and have this information updated on your Arizona Vehicle Title and Registration certificate. This can be done within 10 days of moving to a new address, since this will allow you to receive your renewal notice and any other correspondence in a timely fashion.
- You can either report the change of address in person by visiting your local MVD office by phone, or online and your records will be updated at no charge.
NOTIFYING YOUR INSURANCE SERVICE PROVIDER OF AN ADDRESS CHANGE
- You must also notify your insurance provider of your change of address, so that you receive timely information regarding due dates for payments, renewals, and other communication.
- To save time and money, some Arizona drivers who change addresses choose to obtain a free quote for new auto insurance instead of changing the address with their current insurance provider. Not only does this save the hassle of contacting and notifying the current insurance company, but it could potentially save hundreds of dollars by identifying companies that offer lower rates and/or better coverage.
- If you are a non-US citizen residing in Arizona, and wish to have your address updated on your license, you must apply in person at a local MVD office. Please remember to bring appropriate proof of legal presence.
- For related information, see Replacing Your Driver License, Replacing Your Vehicle Title, and Vehicle Registration.
- Your may also wish to change your address on your Arizona voter registration.