Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
If you are a Nebraska resident and have changed addresses or plan to do so in the near future, you must have the address information updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to notify your insurance provider of your new address.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR DRIVER LICENSE
You must notify the Nebraska County Treasurer of a change in address as soon as you move to a new residence, and to obtain a replacement driver license. Reporting a change of address to your local County Treasurer's office is simple and must be done in person. If you are a commercial license holder too you must apply in person at your local County Treasurer's office.
Reporting an address change in person:
- Locate the nearest office of the Country Treasurer.
- Bring your current license, along with proof of new address and a completed Application for Revision form. The proof of new address can be a utility bill that shows your name and new address or a copy of a rental agreement.
- Pay the appropriate fee to the County Treasurer of your country. Check the license fee that corresponds to your requirement and consult your local Country Treasurer for the accepted mode of payment.
- The replacement driver license will be sent to you within 60 days of the change.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR VEHICLE TITLE AND REGISTRATION
- You must notify your local County Treasurer's office of a change of address and have this information updated on your Nebraska Vehicle Title and Registration certificate. This must be done within 60 days of moving to a new address, since this will allow you to receive your renewal notice and any other correspondence in a timely fashion.
- You can report the change of address in person by visiting your local County Treasurer's office.
NOTIFYING YOUR INSURANCE SERVICE PROVIDER OF AN ADDRESS CHANGE
- You must also notify your insurance provider of your change of address, so that you receive timely information regarding due dates for payments, renewals, and other communication.
- To save time and money, some Nebraska drivers who change addresses choose to obtain a free quote for new auto insurance instead of changing the address with their current insurance provider. Not only does this save the hassle of contacting and notifying the current insurance company, but it could potentially save hundreds of dollars by identifying companies that offer lower rates and/or better coverage.
- For related information, see Replacing Your Driver License, Replacing Your Vehicle Title, and Vehicle Registration.
- Your may also wish to change your address on your Nebraska voter registration. This service is free of charge. You can choose to do this by mentioning it in the appropriate column on the Application for Revision form.