In order to change your address on your Mississippi drivers license, you need to complete a number of important steps when applying. In order to simplify the process, you will need to gather the necessary documents, calculate your required fee payment before being able to change your address on your Mississippi drivers license. Online assistance can help you complete all of these steps quickly and easily by providing you with all of the information you need to know about replacing your license. Start simplifying your application process today.
2. By Mail
Rather than get ahead with online assistance and services, some Mississippi residents prefer to handle their DMV transactions via mail. Drivers can complete a few different procedures by mail, but payment methods are restricted, and the transactions have inconvenient and lengthy turnaround times for results.
3. Via a DMV Office
Certain transactions must be completed in person at a Mississippi DMV office. However, before visiting a local branch, be sure to verify that the location offers the service you require. Not all DMV procedures can be completed at every location. Additionally, note that wait times are typically lengthy. So make sure to take advantage of online assistance to prepare for your visit.
Address Change - guidance for if you moved in Mississippi and need to update your ID and vehicle documents.
If you are a Mississippi resident and have changed addresses or plan to do so in the near future, you must have the address information updated on your license, vehicle registration and title certificate. You are also required to notify your insurance provider of the new address.
REPORTING A CHANGE OF ADDRESS TO THE DRIVER LICENSE DIVISION
You must notify the Mississippi Department of Public Safety of a change in address and to obtain a replacement driver license. Reporting a change of address to your local driver license office is simple and can only be done in person.
Reporting an address change in person:
- Locate the driver license office nearest you.
- Bring your current license, along with proof of residency to prove your new address. This can be a utility bill, mortgage documents or a bank statement.
- There is a fee of $5 if you change your address prior to the renewal of your license.
ADDRESS CHANGE ON YOUR VEHICLE TITLE AND REGISTRATION
The address change is effective the same time you get it updated on your driver's license. The Department of Public Safety will update your new address concurrently.
NOTIFYING YOUR INSURANCE SERVICE PROVIDER OF AN ADDRESS CHANGE
- You must also notify your insurance provider of your change of address, so that you receive timely information regarding due dates for payments, renewals, and other communication.
- To save time and money, some Mississippi drivers who change addresses choose to obtain a free quote for new auto insurance instead of changing the address with their current insurance provider. Not only does this save the hassle of contacting and notifying the current insurance company, but it could potentially save hundreds of dollars by identifying companies that offer lower rates and/or better coverage.
- If you are a non-US citizen residing in Mississippi, and wish to have your address updated on your license, you must apply in person at a driver license office. Please remember to bring appropriate proof of legal presence.
- For related information, see Replacing Your Driver License, Replacing Your Vehicle Title, and Vehicle Registration.