Commercial Driver’s Manual in New Hampshire
In order to obtain your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) you must first pass a series of general knowledge and practical/driving exams.
The driver’s manual is the book that provides the information you need to know in order to pass your tests and drive safely.
Information Covered in Manual
The Commercial Driver’s License manual covers information regarding requirements, instruction permits, classes of commercial licenses, fees and restrictions.
The book also covers state traffic laws and safe driving information which will help you drive responsibly and safely. For example:
- You must follow the state’s weight restrictions on cargo you are transporting
- Some materials may not be loaded together as a result of chemical sensitivity or reaction that may take place if kept in the same space.
Chapters in the CDL Manual
There are several sections in the manual that cover pertinent information regarding obtaining a license and operating a commercial vehicle. These chapters include:
- General Information
- Air Brakes
- Combination Vehicles
- Doubles and Triples
- School Buses
- Transporting Cargo
- Tank Vehicles
- Transporting Passengers
- Hazardous Materials
Please see the CDL Manual for more detailed information.
Where to Get the CDL Manual
Please review all information regarding acquiring a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Use the following links to gain more knowledge about the licensing process.
- Please see requirements for first time CDL applicants
- For hours and locations, see your local DMV office
- See also replacing and renewing a CDL