FIND NEW YORK DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local new york dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except state holidays. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
New York Department of Motor Vehicles
(212) 645-5550 or (718) 966-6155 for numbers beginning with 212, 347, 646, 718, 917 and 929
(718) 477-4820 - for numbers beginning with 516, 631, 845, 914
(518) 486-9786 - for number beginning with 315, 518, 585, 607, 716
(518) 473-5595 - from out-of-state
1-800-368-1186 - Telecommunications for the Deaf (TDD)
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
6 Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12228
You may also contact the DMV via email following different instructions for specific questions or issues.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has locations in all counties throughout the State. Click here to find the DMV office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting DMV locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the DMV to schedule a road test appointment online (or cancel/reschedule an existing appointment); or by calling (518) 402-2100.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- DMV Offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits, vision test, knowledge test and more. You can also schedule your road here, although road tests are performed only at road test facilities. DMV offices are generally open from Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm, except for holidays observed by the DMV, but timings may vary for different offices and also for different services offered by the same office. Some offices are also open on Saturdays and timings also vary on state holidays for some offices. Please verify the hours at your local office before visiting in person.
- Road Test Facilities are generally open from Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm, except for holidays observed by the DMV, but timings may vary for different facilities and also for different types of road tests offered by the same facility. Some facilities are also open on Saturdays. Please verify the hours at your preferred facility before visiting in person. After passing the vision and knowledge tests, you can schedule a road test, either online or by calling (518) 402-2100 or at a DMV Office.
- Vehicle Inspection Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a Vehicle Inspection Station near you. Operating hours for Vehicle Inspection Stations are generally from Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm, except for holidays observed by the DMV, but timings may vary. Some stations are also open on Saturdays. Please verify the hours at your preferred station before visiting in person.