FIND MASSACHUSETTS DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local Massachusetts dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE RMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information and services such as address change, registration renewal, paying citations and booking road test appointments. Click here for the full range of services that can be availed over the telephone. Representatives are available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles
To reach the Telephone Center, you can call one of the following two numbers, depending on where you are located:
From Massachusetts area codes 339/617/781/857: 857-368-8000
From Massachusetts area codes 351/413/508/774/978 or outside Massachusetts: toll-free number (800) 858-3926
If you are in Massachusetts and are hearing impaired, call 877-768-8833.
The Telephone Center is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM except holidays.
There are also more than 200 messages on policies and procedures available 24 hours a day.
To reach the Ombudsman's office, call 857-368-9455
Registry of Motor Vehicles
Massachusetts Department of Transportation RMV-Division
25 Newport Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 55889
Boston, MA 02205-5889
You may also contact the RMV via email with specific questions, issues or to leave general feedback.
LOCATIONS BY CITY
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) has locations in all major cities throughout the State. Click here to find the RMV office location nearest to you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting RMV locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the RMV to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment for a Class D license online or through the automated phone system by calling 857-368-8010.
- Make a road test appointment for a motorcycle or commercial license by calling the RMV Telephone Center.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- RMV Full Service Offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule and give your vision, knowledge and road tests here. These Offices are generally open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm but please check with your nearest Full service Office for details. Suspension hearings may not be available at all Full Service Offices.
- RMV Limited Service Offices located in Cambridge, Eastfield Mall and Eastham handle select issues concerning titles, registration, licenses and CDL. The Cambridge Office is open Monday-Friday, 10:00 am-7:00 pm, the Eastfield Mall Office is open Monday-Friday, 10:00 am-6:00 pm, and the Eastham Office is open only on Wednesday, 8:30 am-3:30 pm.
- Road Test Offices other than the branch offices also conduct road tests for different license classes. Different test offices offer different tests and are open at different hours. Please verify the tests and hours of service offered by your preferred Test Office before visiting in person.
- State Inspection Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a State Inspection Station near you. Operating hours for State Inspection Stations are different for different locations and each station offers a selected inspection services. Please verify the types of inspection services and hours of operation of your preferred Station before visiting in person.