Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
FIND ILLINOIS DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local Illinois dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE VSD
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Illinois Vehicle Services Department (800) 252-8980 - toll-free, within Illinois (888) 261-5238 - TTY/TTD (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals) for Driver Services (888) 261-5280 - TTY/TTD (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals) for Drivers/Seniors (888) 261-7864 - TTY/TTD (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals) for Vehicles
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
For driver licenses mail the driver services department:
Springfield office 2701 S. Dirksen Parkway Springfield, IL 62723
Chicago office 17 North State Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60602
For titles and registrations mail the vehicle services department:
Springfield office Michael J. Howlett Bldg. 501 S. 2nd St., Room 312 Springfield, IL 62756
Chicago office 17 North State St. Room 1100 Chicago, IL 60602
You may also contact the VSD via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email form for issues concerning license plate and vehicle registration.
- Email form for issues concerning your driver license.
- Email form for issues concerning online vehicle registration renewal.
- Email form for issues concerning vehicle titles.
- Email form for all other issues.
LOCATIONS BY REGION
The Illinois Secretary of State Vehicle Services Department (VSD) has locations in all regions throughout the State. Click here to find the VSD office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting VSD locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the VSD to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment online for commercial licenses.
- Make a road test appointment for commercial licenses by calling (217) 785-3013 for any CDL testing facility.
- Make an appointment at a child passenger safety seat fitting station by calling (866) 247-0213.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Secretary of State VSD Offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here. Secretary of State Offices are generally open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. Some offices are also open on Saturday and some may be closed on specific weekdays. However, timings and days vary from office to office. Please check before you visit. Keep in mind the legal holidays.
- VSD's Test Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a State Inspection Station near you. Operating hours for Test Stations are generally Monday-Friday 8:00 am-6:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am-1:00 pm, except for legal holidays.
- Hearing Officer Facility Locations handle issues related to suspended licenses. They are generally open Monday - Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm, and Saturday 8:00am-12:00 pm, but timings and days vary from office to office. Please check before you visit. Keep in mind the legal holidays.
- Child Passenger Safety Seat Fitting Stations are open only on Mondays. You can call (866) 247-0213 to schedule an appointment.