Traffic Ticket Attorneys - Connect with TicketVoid
Find Traffic Ticket Lawyers!
- Enter your DUI or traffic ticket information into Ticket Void websitte in a quick step-by-step process.
- Ticket Void matches your DUI or traffic ticket information for FREE with qualified DUI and traffic ticket lawyers in the State/County of the offence.
- A DUI or traffic lawyer within the Ticket Void network will contact you.
Texas Driver Department of Public Safety Point System
Violating Texas driving and traffic laws can result in fines, annual surcharges and the suspension of your driving privileges. The Texas here (DRP) uses a point system to track violations and their corresponding penalties. Points are added to your driving record if you receive a traffic ticket for moving violations.
MOVING VIOLATIONS AND POINTS
Different violations are assigned different point values, which are added to your driving record. For instance, moving violation conviction (in Texas or another state), such as careless driving, failure to observe traffic signals, moving against traffic, and failure to yield at an intersection each carry two points. If your speed limit is less than 10% over the regular limit no points will be assigned. Points will also not be assigned for seat belt convictions, but 3 points will be assigned for violation of Child Safety Regulations. For a moving violation in Texas or another state that results in a vehicle crashing, three points will be assigned. These points remain on your drivers' record for three years.
View the complete Point Schedule to learn about the number of points associated with each type of moving violation.
You will be subject to specific penalties if you accumulate a certain number of points on your driving license:
- You will be assessed a surcharge if you get six or more points on your current driving record within any three years. These annual surcharges must be paid in addition to any other penalties or court fines. You must pay $100 for the first six points plus $25 for each additional point you have accumulated beyond the initial six points. This has to be paid every year for the next three years that you have 6 or more points on your license.
- You will have your license suspended if you do not pay your surcharge within 30 days of receiving the notice. A notice of scheduled suspension will be mailed to you. You may be imprisoned for driving with a suspended license.
- Texas applies conviction-based surcharges for criminal traffic offences, under which you are fined annually for 3 years for the same offence.
HOW TO CLEAR YOUR DRIVING RECORD
The here (DRP) maintains a record of all the points added to your driving license. There are no ways other than paying your surcharges to remove points from your current driving record.
HOW TO DISPUTE A MOVING VIOLATION CHARGE
If you believe you have been incorrectly charged with committing a moving violation, you may be able to fight the charge in court. See Traffic Tickets and Traffic Ticket Attorneys for more information.