Auto Insurance Quotes
- 1Enter your zip code below
- 2Select an insurance company
- 3Compare additional quotes and SAVE!
How To: Save on Auto Insurance
Select Your State to Continue:
Find the DMV info you need. Choose your State:
DMV.com is the premier how-to guide for DMV related issues. We can help you with vehicle registration, driver's license, auto insurance or any number of other driving related issues. Select your state from the map below to begin.
Saving money is important to all of us. Car insurance is one of those areas where a lot of people probably pay way too much. Here are some of the best ways to save on auto insurance:
- The first and most obvious thing you can do is trying to drive more carefully and not to commit any traffic violations.
- Driving a car with low insurance premiums is essential. There are a lot of cars with some safety features that are real money-savers on insurance.
- You can put several family members on one insurance policy.
- Raising deductibles can decrease insurance costs. This should be done only in case you are sure you can afford to pay the higher deductible.
- A lot of companies offer discounts on various bases. They provide discounts for keeping a clean driving record; for cars with special safety features and even loyalty discounts. Getting more insurance policies from the same company can also lead to various discounts.
- Your commute can also affect insurance rates. If you move to a place that has a longer commute to work, your rates will increase.
- If any of your children that are on your policy get a license and start driving, make sure they get good grades at school, because this can help you save money on insurance. It can bring you discounts of up to 20%.
- In the end, you must look around for the cheapest insurance possible even if you already have a car insurance provider, because there are a lot of companies that can offer better coverage for your car than your current one. However, you need to have a good credit report to take advantage of switching insurance carriers because customers with bad credit usually pay a lot more in premiums.