Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
FIND MARYLAND DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local Maryland dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE MVA
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all times through the MVA too.
Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (800) 950-1682 or (800) 950-1MVA - toll-free, within Maryland (301) 729-4550 - from out-of-state (800) 492-4575 - TTY (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals) (800) 638-8347 - 24 hour pre-recorded information
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Motor Vehicle Administration 6601 Ritchie Highway, NE Glen Burnie, MD 21062
You may also contact the MVA via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email MVACS@mdot.state.md.us, for customer service related questions.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions on driver education.
- Email email@example.com for questions related to driver records.
- Email INSURANCE@mdot.state.md.us to update your insurance details as available with the MVA on your registration information.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on motorcycle safety.
- Email email@example.com for questions or issues on online services provided by the MVA.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for issues concerning vehicle inspection, emissions testing or repairs.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) has locations in all counties throughout the State. Click local MVA office to find the MVA office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting MVA locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the MVA to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment, or reschedule an existing appointment for non-commercial licenses (except Classes A and B), by calling the MVA Driver Test Scheduling System at (888) 212-4709, if within Maryland, or (410) 508-2436, if out-of-state.
- Make a road test appointment for commercial licenses, by calling the MVA Customer Service Center at (800) 950-1682, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and get information about the offices which perform these tests.
- Make an appointment with Maryland MVA Out-of-Country Information and Appointment Scheduling Line by calling (866) 691-2778, to apply for a Maryland license or non-driver ID or permit, if you are an applicant from outside the U.S.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- MVA Offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here. MVA Offices are usually open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm and Saturday from 8:30 am to 12:00pm only for services related to licenses, except for state holidays or holidays observed by the MVA. However, all MVA Offices do not offer all the services and some Offices also have different timings. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Office before visiting in person.
- Title Service Agent authorized by the MVA deal with titles, registration, licenses and more. Different agents operate on different timings and offer different services. Please verify the hours and services offered with your preferred Agent before visiting in person.
- Authorized VEIP Emissions Inspection Station are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a VEIP Station near you. Operating hours for VEIP Stations are Monday, Thursday, Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm; Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00 am-7:00 pm; and Saturday 7:00 am-1:00 pm, except for state holidays or holidays observed by the MVA.