Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
FIND NEW MEXICO DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local new mexico dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE MVD
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times. The IVR also enables callers to complete some registration and driving related transactions (like renewing or replacing vehicle registration; or getting a copy of the driving record, etc.).
New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (505) 827-4636 - within Santa Fe, New Mexico
(888) 683-4636 or (888) MVD-INFO - toll-free, within the U.S.
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Motor Vehicle Division Joseph Montoya Building P.O. Box 1028 1100 South St. Francis Drive Santa Fe, NM 87504-1028
You may also contact the MVD via email with specific questions or issues.
- You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email for information concerning licensing, registration, title, violations or other issues.
- You may contact email@example.com at the City of Albuquerque via email for information concerning vehicle inspection, emissions testing or repairs (vehicle inspections are needed only in the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County for all vehicles registered there or for those which commute to that county for more than 60 days in a year).
LOCATIONS BY FIELD OFFICE
The New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) has field offices throughout the State. Click Motor Vehicle Division to find the MVD field office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Local field offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits, vision tests, knowledge tests, road tests and more. General hours of operation are mostly Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm and in some cases some of the offices are closed on certain weekdays. In Albuquerque, the hours of operation are longer on weekdays, between 8:00am and 6:00 pm, and shorter on Saturday, 9:00 am-3:00 pm, except for holidays observed by the MVD.
- Air Care Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find an Air Care Station near you. Operating hours for Air Care Stations are generally 8am-5pm, except for holidays observed by the MVD, but timings may vary. Some offices are also open on Saturdays. Please verify the hours at your preferred station before visiting in person.