Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
FIND VIRGINIA DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local virginia dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday and from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
(800) 272-9268 - TTY (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals)
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles P.O. Box 27412 Richmond, VA 23269
You may also contact the DMV via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email form for issues concerning driver and vehicle records or other issues.
LOCATIONS BY DISTRICT
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has locations in all districts throughout the State. Click here to find the DMV office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- DMV Customer Service Centers handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here. These Centers are generally open Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, except for legal holidays. Some centers also have Saturday hours. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Centre before visiting in person.
- DMV Select Locations offer select services by contracting with private contractors and the local government. They offer titles, registration services, license plates, placards, requesting transcripts and voter registration applications. They are generally open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, except for legal holidays, but timings may vary. Some locations may also have Saturday hours Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Select Location before visiting in person.
- Vehicle Emission Inspection Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Virginia only requires vehicle inspections in Northern Virginia. Click here to find an Emission Inspection Station near you. Operating hours for Emission Inspection Stations are generally Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, except for legal holidays, but timings may vary by station. Please verify the hours at your preferred Station before visiting in person.