When getting your vehicle registration renewed or replaced through Car Registration, Inc., you are also guaranteed the following services:
- Renews registration for all vehicle types
- Available from any device
- Industry leading customer service
- Issues a digital car registration certificate
- FREE annual renewal reminder for life
- FREE one-time replacement for lost or stolen registrations
The California Vehicle Code Applies to all CA Vehicles
WHAT IS CALIFORNIA VEHICLE CODE?
The California Vehicle Code lists all the rules related to the ownership of the vehicles in California. It also contains traffic laws that regulate the behavior of drivers, for safe operation of vehicles in the state. To put it simply, it’s a “Rulebook” that has the ABCs of motor vehicles, right from buying, registration, rights and responsibilities of a driver to rules relating to insurance, theft, misuse, or selling the vehicle. As a driver in California, you can claim the rights mentioned in the California Vehicle Code, but at the same time following the motor vehicle safety regulations is your responsibility. Any breach of the laws mentioned in the code is an offense, and will lead to traffic violation and legal issues.
WHAT DOES THE CALIFORNIA VEHICLE CODE CONTAIN?
The California Vehicle Code contains eighteen divisions explaining the traffic laws. The divisions contain chapters and each chapter has related articles. Within each article, you can find multiple section titles with a section number for each title. California DMV sells the hardcopy of the Vehicle Code and you can also access the 2015 Vehicle Code (PDF* version) here.
The California Vehicle Code has divisions that cover everything on the traffic laws and regulations, including:
- Vehicle registration, renewal, transfer, and sales
- Antitheft laws
- Traffic schools
- License, renewal, and expiration
- Motor vehicle safety
- Traffic signs, signals, and right-of-way
- Toll highways
- Responsibility and liability of vehicle owners
- Rules of the road
- Penalties for Driving Under Influence (DUI)
- Transportation of loads and material in vehicles
- Violations and fines
WHY DO YOU NEED THE CALIFORNIA VEHICLE CODE?
In day-to-day life, you might face various challenges that require the effective use of the California Vehicle Code to protect your life and assets from a traffic offense. You can read the content in each section of the code to understand what it covers and how it affects you and your situation. Sometimes, you may need to know the exact phrase mentioned in a section to defend yourself or settle disputes. You need to remember that when you just accept and pay for a traffic ticket, it gets noted on your driving record and your insurance company raises the insurance rates based on the total points. However, for a common man, it’s not easy to just go through the vehicle codes and negotiate or defend against traffic cases in court. Some situations which call for the use of the California Vehicle Code are:
- Fighting against a charge for a DUI offense
- Settling disputes with your vehicle insurance company after an accident
- Defending yourself against a traffic ticket
- Solving issues in selling your vehicle
- Protecting your license from being cancelled against charges of traffic violation
- Avoiding an increase in your insurance premium after a traffic case
Remember, traffic laws have become very strict and violation may lead to increase of your insurance premium, cancellation of your license by DMV based on the total points on your record, and even imprisonment in some cases. Seek professional and experienced legal assistance to deal with such issues. DMV.com is your one stop shop for such assistance. Our experienced lawyers can help in quickly and efficiently resolving issues related to traffic tickets or DUI offense.
If your vehicle's California Vehicle Registration card, license plate(s) or stickers are lost, stolen, or damaged, you may apply for a replacement with the California Department of Motor Vehicles or through our services by clicking here.
Have a Question? Get Quick Online Answers!
Subscribe For Updates
Stay current with the latest news on the DMV and automotive industry.