Traffic Ticket Attorneys - Connect with TicketVoid
Find Traffic Ticket Lawyers!
- Enter your DUI or traffic ticket information into Ticket Void websitte in a quick step-by-step process.
- Ticket Void matches your DUI or traffic ticket information for FREE with qualified DUI and traffic ticket lawyers in the State/County of the offence.
- A DUI or traffic lawyer within the Ticket Void network will contact you.
Montana Motor Vehicle Division Point System
Violating Montana driving and traffic laws can result in fines, the suspension of your driving privileges, and even imprisonment. The Montana Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) uses a point system to track violations and their corresponding penalties. Points are added to your driving record if you receive a traffic ticket for moving violations.
MOVING VIOLATIONS AND POINTS
Different violations are assigned different point values, which are added to your driving record. For instance, Moving violations and no driver's license will each carry two points. Five-point offenses include reckless driving and drag racing. The number of points assessed for different speeding violations are as follows:
Speeding violation, except as mentioned in 61-8-725: 3 points
View the complete Point Schedule to learn about the number of points associated with each type of moving violation.
You will be subject to specific penalties if you accumulate a certain number of points on your driving license:
- With some exceptions, you will be assessed a surcharge if you violate traffic laws. These surcharges must be paid in addition to any other penalties or court fines.
- You will have your license suspended if you are convicted of three reckless driving offenses committed within a period of 12 months. A list of offenses for which your license may be suspended or revoked can be found here.
- Accumulating points on your driving license is also likely to increase your auto insurance rates. See our auto insurance section for more information about obtaining quality car insurance at competitive rates.
HOW TO CLEAR YOUR DRIVING RECORDThe Montana MVD maintains a record of all the points added to your driving license. However, there are a number of ways in which you can remove points from your current driving record.
- If you remain violation or suspension-free, you can get points deducted from your current driving record.
- Taking a Defensive Driving Course enables you to deduct two points from your current driving record, and may also qualify you for a reduction in your car insurance rates.