Traffic Ticket Attorneys - Connect with TicketVoid
Find Traffic Ticket Lawyers!
- Enter your DUI or traffic ticket information into Ticket Void websitte in a quick step-by-step process.
- Ticket Void matches your DUI or traffic ticket information for FREE with qualified DUI and traffic ticket lawyers in the State/County of the offence.
- A DUI or traffic lawyer within the Ticket Void network will contact you.
How to Pay a Traffic Ticket in Washington DC
Citations or traffic tickets are issued in the State of Washington DC for various violations of traffic law. You must respond to a citation, usually by paying a fine or appearing in court, or else a warrant may be issued for your arrest and your driving license may be suspended.
If you wish to dispute the citation, you must appear in court personally on the scheduled date, and enter a "not guilty" plea. Appearing in court gives you an opportunity to fight the traffic ticket in front of a judge or jury, and most people prefer to hire a traffic ticket lawyer to defend them in court. For more information on how to dispute a traffic ticket in Washington DC, see our general section on Traffic Tickets and Violations.
PAYING A TRAFFIC TICKET - WHAT IT MEANS
When you pay a ticket, you are essentially pleading guilty to a traffic offense. Motorists should be aware that receiving and paying a traffic citation could result in higher car insurance rates and points on your driving record. Your license may be suspended if you accumulate too many points on your driving record.
HOW TO PAY THE FINE
If you decide to plead guilty to a traffic violation, there are several ways to pay the ticket. Generally, the back of the citation will clearly indicate the deadlines and options for answering the ticket. Usually, you must act within 30 days of receiving a traffic ticket to avoid additional fines and possible suspension of your license.
- Pay online. Most DC traffic tickets can be answered and paid online using a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). Visit the Washington DC State Online Ticket Payment site to pay online.
- Pay by mail. Read the instructions on the back of the ticket carefully, then check the "Guilty" box and sign the ticket. Enclose a check or money order for the amount indicated on the ticket, made payable to the DC Treasurer. Remember to include your ticket number with your payment. If you don't have the ticket, write the vehicle's state and tag number. Mail to:
DMV Adjudication Services, PO Box 2014, Washington, DC 20013Be sure to retain a copy of the citation for your personal records.
- Pay in person. You can pay your traffic tickets at Adjudication Services. Bring the citation with you, along with cash, check, money order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). If you don't have your ticket with you, you can get a printout of your ticket by providing proof of identity (driver license, ID card, passport etc). ID proof is also required if your mode of payment is anything other than cash.
- Pay by phone. You can pay your traffic ticket by phone at (202) 289-2230. Have your ticket information and credit card handy.