Traffic Ticket Attorneys - Connect with TicketVoid
Find Traffic Ticket Lawyers!
- Enter your DUI or traffic ticket information into Ticket Void websitte in a quick step-by-step process.
- Ticket Void matches your DUI or traffic ticket information for FREE with qualified DUI and traffic ticket lawyers in the State/County of the offence.
- A DUI or traffic lawyer within the Ticket Void network will contact you.
How to Pay a Traffic Ticket in Rhode Island
Citations or traffic tickets are issued in the State of Rhode Island for various violations of traffic law. You must respond to a citation, usually by paying a fine or appearing in court, or else a warrant may be issued for your arrest and your driving license may be suspended.
If you wish to dispute the citation, you must appear in court personally on the scheduled date, and enter a "not guilty" plea. Appearing in court gives you an opportunity to fight the traffic ticket in front of a judge or jury, and most people prefer to hire a traffic ticket lawyer to defend them in court. For more information on how to dispute a traffic ticket in Rhode Island, see our general section on Traffic Tickets and Violations.
PAYING A TRAFFIC TICKET - WHAT IT MEANS
When you pay a ticket, you are essentially pleading guilty to a traffic offense. Motorists should be aware that receiving and paying a traffic citation could result in higher car insurance rates and points on your driving record. Your license may be suspended if you accumulate too many points on your driving record.
HOW TO PAY THE FINE
If you decide to plead guilty to a traffic violation, there are several ways to pay the ticket. The Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal (RITT) handles most traffic tickets, but some traffic offenses are handled by the district/municipal courts. Generally, the back of the citation will clearly indicate the deadlines and options for answering the ticket. Usually, you must act within fifteen days of receiving a traffic ticket to avoid additional fines and possible suspension of your license.
- Pay online. Most traffic tickets answerable at the Traffic Tribunal can be answered and paid online using a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover). Visit the Rhode Island online citation payment service CourtPayments.com.
- Pay by mail. Read the instructions on the back of the ticket carefully, then check the "Guilty" box and sign the ticket. Enclose a check or money order for the amount indicated on the ticket and mail to:
Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal 670 New London Avenue Cranston, RI 02920Be sure to retain a copy of the citation for your personal records.
- Pay in person. You can pay your traffic tickets at any of the Rhode Island Traffic Tribunal locations or the designated Municipal Court. Bring the citation with you, along with cash, check, money order, or credit card.
- Pay by phone. You can pay traffic tickets answerable at the Traffic Tribunal by calling the toll free number (877) 435-9361. You can pay by credit card (there will be an additional convenience fee for this service).