- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
Michigan Secretary of State Locations and Hours
FIND MICHIGAN DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local Michigan dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE SOS
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Michigan Secretary State
(888) 767-6424 or (888) SOS-MICH - toll-free, within Michigan
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Michigan Department of State Lansing, MI 48918
You may also contact the SOS via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email form for issues concerning licensing, registration, title, violations or other issues.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTYThe Michigan Secretary of State (SOS) has locations in all counties throughout the State. Click here to find the SOS office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULINGCall Driving Skills Testing Organizations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests for both non-commercial and commercial licenses.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Secretary of State Branch Offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. Instant Title Service is provided by some SOS Branch Offices where the title of a vehicle can be received the same day for an extra payment of $5. General hours of operation of Branch Offices are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm; and Wednesday, 11:00 am-7:00 pm, except for state holidays. Offices in the city buildings are open Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. PLUS Offices and SUPER!Centers have extended Wednesday hours from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, and SUPER!Centers are also open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- PLUS Offices are specialized branch offices that not only handle all branch office transactions, but also offer extra privileges to customers, like enhanced payment options, extended hours, self-service transactions, additional staff and more. General hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm; and Wednesday, 9:00 am-7:00 pm, except for state holidays.
- SUPER!Centers are specialized branch offices that not only handle all branch office transactions, but also offer extra privileges to customers, like enhanced payment options, extended hours, self-service transactions, and more. General hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm; and Wednesday, 9:00 am-7:00 pm, except for state holidays. SUPER!Centers are also open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Self-Service Centers offer registration renewal services to customers who receive their registration renewal notices. These centers are usually open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, three such centers located in municipal buildings in Allen Park, Wayne and Three Rivers operate from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on days of public meetings.
- Mobile Branch Offices provide services of a normal branch office at specific locations. Check the mobile office schedule to know the upcoming time and place of service.
- Michigan Department of State Road Skills Testing Organizations are third party testing organizations authorized by the SOS to provide driver vision, knowledge testing and road testing services. You can also schedule a road test at these organizations by prior appointment. Different test locations offer different tests and have different times of operation. Please verify the hours and tests offered at your preferred test location before visiting in person.