- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Ohio
In the state of Ohio, traffic schools are often referred to as âRemedial Driving Instruction Course' (RDIC). There are three reasons why people enroll in the RDIC:
- After a traffic violation where demerit points were awarded, the court will order the driver to take a course at a traffic/driving school to improve their safe-driving skills.
- To receive insurance discounts.
- To receive driving point credits.
BENEFITSAny driver can enroll in a Remedial Driving Instruction Course at any time to receive the following benefits:
- Insurance Benefits - some insurance companies may offer premium discounts. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount.
- Driving Points - you will receive a two point credit if you complete a course. These points can be used to counteract demerit points on your driving record.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?
Either the court or the BMV (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a remedial driving program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation or receive a six point warning letter. It is under the court's discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these clinics.
FEESPlease contact the clinic locations for more details on individual pricing, as the fees may vary across locations.
- For more information visit the BMV section on Remedial Driving Instruction Courses.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver's Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver's license/permit, use the driver's manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner's permits.