- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in California
In the state of California, traffic schools are often referred to as Driving Schools. They offer Defensive Driving Courses. The schools are licensed by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). They must have liability insurance and maintain records for DMV inspection. There are many reasons why people enroll in the Defensive Driver Courses:
- After a traffic violation where demerit points were awarded, the course at a traffic/driving school will improve their safe-driving skills.
- To remove traffic violation points.
This program is designed to help you to learn defensive driving techniques that will make you a safer driver. The Defensive Driver Courses must be approved the state of California. There are various locations offered in California.
Any driver who has obtained a ticket can enroll in a traffic school and prevent points from accumulating and familiarize you with safe driving practices.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?
Either the court or the DMV (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a defensive driver course when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court’s discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these courses. You will have a stipulated time to finish the course and if it is NOT completed successfully you will have you license suspended until the requirement has been fulfilled.
Please contact the traffic school locations for details on pricing.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver’s Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver’s license/permit, use the driver’s manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner’s permits.