Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
FIND VERMONT DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local vermont dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 7:45 am to 4:20 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles
(800) 253-0191 - TTY (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals)
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles 120 State Street Montpelier, Vermont 05603-0001
You may also contact the Vermont DMV via email at CommissionersOffice@state.vt.us for specific questions or issues.
LOCATIONS BY OFFICES
The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has many branch offices and mobile locations throughout the state. Click here to find the DMV office location nearest to you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting DMV locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact DMV at (802) 828-2085 to make these test appointments in advance, since people with appointments are given preference over people without appointments. You can also make a test appointment by sending an email to CommissionersOffice@state.vt.us. For tests related to commercial licenses, a prior appointment is mandatory and can be made either on phone (by calling (802) 828-2085) or by email (to CommissionersOffice@state.vt.us).
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- The DMV Main Office at Montpelier is authorized to handle all issues including titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. The Main Office is open from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and from 7:45 am to 6:00 pm on Wednesdays, except on scheduled holidays. Certain services such as reinstatement of licenses, issuance of non-driver IDs without photo, registration renewal, etc. can only be availed at the Main Office.
- The DMV Office deal with titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. Branch offices are open from 07:45 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday, except on scheduled holidays. The branch offices at Burlington, Rutland and Springfield are open until 6:00 pm on Wednesdays.
- DMV Mobile Stations are available in Dummerston, Middlebury, St. Albans, St. St. and White River Junction. Mobile Stations handle almost all the services that are available at the DMV Branch Offices. However, the Mobile Stations do not accept cash. Hence, all transactions here must be carried out via personal checks, money order or credit cards.
- Town Clerk Offices, authorized by Vermont DMV, can handle some registration renewals and generate temporary registration stickers. These offices accept only money orders or checks. A $3 processing fee has to be paid in addition to the DMV fees for every transaction.