FIND UTAH DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local utah dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Utah Division of Motor Vehicles
(800) DMV-UTAH or (800) 368-8824 - toll-free
(801) 297-7780 - within Salt Lake City area
Utah State Tax Commission
Motor Vehicle Division
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City UT 84134
For overnight or express mail, use zip code 84116
You may also contact the DMV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions or issues.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The Utah Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has locations in all counties throughout the State. Click here to find the DMV office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting DMV locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also call a Certified Commercial School Third-Party Tester to schedule a road test, if you are eligible to do so.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- DMV Offices handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests may also be performed at certified commercial school third-party tester offices, under certain conditions. Except for holidays approved by DMV, state DMV offices are open Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am-6.00 pm and most county DMV offices are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, though timings may vary in different county offices. Please verify the hours at your preferred DMV office before visiting in person.
- Certified Commercial School Third-Party Testers can handle road testing for people with foreign driver's licenses and also for drivers with permits.
- CDL Third-party Testers can handle road tests for commercial license holders.
- Authorized Emission Inspection Stations licensed by the State and most Service Stations can undertake vehicle inspections. These inspections are only required in the four counties of Davis, Salt Lake City, Utah and Weber as per Utah emission laws.