Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
FIND SOUTH DAKOTA DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local south dakota dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information on driver licensing and vehicle services from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at the following numbers:
Office of Driver Licensing (800) 952-3696 -Toll Free
Division of Motor Vehicles
Pre-recorded general information on driver licensing is available at all other times at the following numbers:
(605) 394-2912 - Rapid City Office (605) 362-2746 - Sioux Falls Office
For driver licenses mail:
South Dakota Driver Licensing Program 118 W. Capitol Avenue Pierre, SD 57501
For titles and registrations mail:
South Dakota Division of Motor Vehicles 445 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
You may also contact the Office of Driver Licensing via email for specific issues concerning driver licenses by writing to DPSLicensingInfo@state.sd.us and contact the Division of Motor Vehicles via email with specific questions or issues concerning vehicle titling and registration by writing to email@example.com.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The South Dakota Driver Licensing Program's Driver Licensing Offices called Exam Stations; and the Division of Motor Vehicle's Treasurer Offices have locations in counties throughout the State. Click here to find the Exam Station nearest you and click local County Treasurer's Office to find the County Treasurer's Office nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
- Make a road test appointment at the Sioux Falls Exam Station only, by calling (605) 362-2746, 7:30 am to 11:00 am, Tuesday through Friday.
- Make a road test appointment for commercial driver license by contacting Third party Testers.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- nearest you handle issues concerning licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests for commercial licenses are performed only through third party testers. Different Driver Exam Stations offer different services and operate at different times, typically between 7:00am to 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Some stations are also open on Saturdays or only on specific days of the week. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Station before visiting in person.
- County Treasurer's Offices deal with titles, registration, and more. Different Offices offer different services and operate at different times, usually between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Please verify the hours and services offered at your County Office before visiting in person.
- third party testing site. provide road tests for commercial driving licenses. Different Testers offer tests for different category of commercial licenses and operate at different times. Please verify the hours and services offered by your preferred Tester before visiting in person.