Get Your Michigan Practice Test
PREMIUM PRACTICE TESTS
- Pass your DMV driver’s license test the first time
- Cut study time in half with our Cheat Sheet
- Get tested with relevant Practice Test questions
- Includes Road Sign test
Get prepared for the 2016 Michigan Written Drivers Exam with our comprehensive and update-to-date practice tests and study guides. Our exam prep tools are designed to give you a complete understanding of all the topics covered on the real DMV exam, including traffic laws, road signs, hazardous driving precautions and much more. Start studying today!
Take Your Premium Test Nowor take a FREE sample practice test
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
Practice Tests for New Michigan Drivers
The dedicated team behind DMV.com offers a clear and simplified study bundle to help you get ready for your Michigan written knowledge exam. With the Driver’s License Practice Test and Study Guide, potential drivers can learn everything they need to know about the driving license process in an easy-to-understand manner. All the information is compiled for you in a packet with material from the state’s drivers manual.
Did You Know? Less than half of the drivers in Michigan pass the driving exam on the first attempt.
With the help of DMV.com’s expert team and study materials, you will be well on your way to joining the driving majority in Michigan.
How to Pass the Michigan Written Driver's Test
By reviewing the Study Guide and Practice Test, we have no doubt that you will ace your DMV written exam on the first try. Just follow the three-step strategy outlined below:
- Get a head start on your studying by taking a look at the Michigan Driver’s Manual.
- Once you have thoroughly examined the sections within, which touch upon everything from how to obtain your drivers license to state road rules, you can then proceed to the DMV.com Study Guide to reinforce the material.
- As you being to feel comfortable with your learning, apply all the knowledge and test your understanding with the practice drivers test.
Take the DMV.com FREE Sample Test to visualize real test questions on the official MI driving exam. The questions on the Sample Test will follow a similar format to those you can expect to find on your official written exam. Try the sample practice test online now to see what you have grasped in regard to Michigan traffic laws and road safety, up to this point.
Road Rules to Study
The DMV.com Study Guide touches upon only the most important driving topics found on the MI written driving test, including:
- Pavement markings
- Traffic laws
- Road signs
- Turning rules
- Four-way intersections
- Rules for driving in bad weather
How to Ensure Your Passing Score
To ensure a successful passing grade on your MI written drivers exam, you must thoroughly review and study the material you have on hand. The first step you should take is to read through Michigan Driver’s Manual carefully. The manual covers everything a driver needs to know, from how to apply for a license to drive to your driving record. Make the DMV.com Study Guide and Practice Test part of your study package. Studying these documents will allow you to get a firm grip on drivers license-related material, such as traffic laws, traffic signals and road safety. If there is a chapter you did not fully grasp on your first read-through, simply take some time to review it a few more times until you feel confident about what you have learned.
Knowing When to Take the Michigan Driving Test
With a score of 90% or more, you will be ready to make your way to a local DMV office for the Michigan written driving test. If you are not yet at the level of a near-passing score, continue your studies until you reach this threshold. Repeat your study regimen, and take full-advantage of the unlimited access to the DMV.com Practice Test until you retain all of the most important driving knowledge.
Test Day Tips
As you begin to feel confident in your DMV studies, the next step is to schedule an appointment for Test Day with the MI DMV. As your driving exam approaches, remember the below:
- In Michigan, driving applicants must get at least 80% of the questions right on the written drivers exam to receive a passing grade. Anything less will require you to retake the test later on.
- The fee for an original drivers license in Michigan is $25. This amount includes the applicant’s DMV written exam as well.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years and 9 months old in order to take the Michigan written driving test. If you have completed the first segment of drivers ed and are an MI resident, you will be exempt from this requirement.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign your learners license application in order for it to be deemed valid.
- If you recently moved to Michigan and have a drivers ed certificate from a different state, you must take the MI Original Operator License Test. The test contains 40 questions in total.
We have no doubt that you will pass your DMV written exam on your first attempt. If you do not, you will receive your money back – guaranteed!
Applying for a learners permit in Michigan will require you to present a set of documents at your local DMV office. Collect the following items for the day of your exam:
- Proof of your identity, of which a few examples are:
- United States Passport or Passport card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Michigan driver education certificate
- Michigan photo ID
- Michigan school ID
- Proof of legal status, such as:
- United States Passport or Passport card
- Michigan Delayed Foreign Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Proof of Michigan residency, such as:
- Michigan high school reports or transcripts
- A recent utility bill
- Health insurance card
- Any other official documentation with your name and address
Proof of Social Security Number must also be presented at your local DMV office, or proof of your ineligibility. Acceptable documents include your Social Security card or a letter of ineligibility from the Social Security Administration.
In addition to English, the Michigan DMV written test is available in the languages listed below:
Documents Needed for Noncitizens
If you are not a citizen of Michigan but legally reside or temporarily reside in the United States, be ready to present certain documentation that confirms your status to the local DMV office. Similar to US citizens, non-US citizens must also show documents that verify their legal presence, identity and residency in Michigan. These items may include any of the following:
- Lease agreement
- Bank statement
- Mortgage statement
- Utility bills
- Official school documentation
- Official medical documentation
- Employment Authorization Card
- Valid foreign passport
- Employee pay stub or other official employment documentation
- Insurance papers
- IRS correspondence
- Michigan ID card
After the Written Test
Successfully completing your Michigan written driving exam is an exciting event. But, once you are issued your learners permit, there are certain rules in place that you will need to adhere to before you can graduate to a full license.
You must first hold your learners license for a period of six months. Only thereafter can you apply for an intermediate license, which is the second stage of the graduated licensing process in MI. It is at this point that a driving applicant will take his or her road skills test. We encourage you to review our Study Guide and Practice Test to ensure you receive a passing grade on Exam Day.
In order to obtain a full Michigan drivers license, you must complete a two-part drivers education program. The first part must be done before applying for your learners permit, and the second part must be met after obtaining an intermediate license.
PRACTICE TEST Frequently Asked Questions
What Our Clients Are Saying
- Angela T.
I took my test in February and I passed! Thank you so much for your help!
I purchased your online DMV test and passed my exam with flying colors. Thanks for a great service!
- Mike P.
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with Michigan-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com Michigan Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the Michigan Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.
Pass Your DMV Permit Test the First Time
Save time studying for the DMV written exam with real questions based off of the official Michigan driver’s handbookGET STARTED NOW
Subscribe For Updates
Stay current with the latest news on the DMV and automotive industry.