FIND GEORGIA DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local Georgia dmv office location
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 7:00 am to 5:15 pm for the Department of Driver Services and from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm for the Motor Vehicle Division, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Department of Driver Services
(866) 754-3687 - from outside the Metro Atlanta Area
Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division
(404) 417-4477 - Atlanta office
(877) 602-8477 - toll-free
Alternate phone numbers are available for information and services provided by the Department of Driver Services and the Motor Vehicle Division.
For driver licenses mail:
Department of Driver Services
Post Office Box 80447
Conyers, Georgia 30013
For titles and registrations mail:
Motor Vehicle Division
P O Box 740381
Atlanta, GA 30374-0381
You may also contact the Department of Driver Services via email for specific issues concerning licensing and contact the Motor Vehicle Division via email with specific questions or issues concerning vehicle titling and registration.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The Georgia Department of Driver Services and the Motor Vehicle Division's County Tax Commissioners' Offices have office locations in all counties throughout the State. Click here
to find the Department of Driver Services Office nearest you and click here
to find the County Tax Office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting DDS locations to schedule your vision, knowledge
and road tests, you may also contact the DDS to schedule certain activities in advance:
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Driver's License Customer Service Centers handle issues concerning licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, though road tests for commercial licenses are conducted only by third party CDL testing sites or the DDS CDL Examination Station. Customer Service Centers are generally open Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm, except for state holidays. Different Service Centers offer different services and operate at different hours. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Service Center before visiting in person.
- County Tax Commissioners' Offices deal with titles and registration. General hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm, except for state holidays. Different Tax Offices operate at different hours. Please verify the hours at your Tax Commissioner's Office before visiting in person.
- CDL Road Test Examination Stations conduct road tests for commercial licenses. These Stations operate Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00 am-4:30 pm and need a prior appointment for the road test.
- CDL Third Party Testing Sites are authorized to conduct road tests for commercial licenses. Different Test Sites operate at different hours. Please verify the hours at your preferred Test Site and make an appointment before visiting in person.
- Vehicle Emission Testing Locations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a Vehicle Emission Testing Location near you. You can also get your vehicle inspected at one of these County Tag Offices. Operating hours for different Emission Testing Locations are different, but they generally operate Monday-Friday between 8:00 am-6:00 pm, except for state holidays. Some Testing Locations are also open on Saturday for a limited time. Please verify the hours at your preferred Testing Location before visiting in person.