Take the DMV.com Official Motorcycle Practice Test Online
Get Our FREE
Motorcycle Practice Test
70% of new motorcycle drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
GET PREPARED! Test your knowledge with our comprehensive practice tests. DMV.com’s motorcycle practice tests cover all the critical topics including motorcycle safety, road rules, required driving skills, and much more. SIGNUP TODAY!
- Instant Results
- Unlimited Attempts
- Based On The Actual Exam
- Take Online Or Print It Out
- Created By DMV.com Official Experts
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
DMV.com Sample Practice Test Sections
Taking the DMV sample test is a great way to brush up on written driver’s test topics. With practice questions based off of your state’s driver manual, DMV.com free driving test questions focus on road rules and regulations, traffic signs and the safest ways to operate your vehicle.
From the proper way to handle an accident to penalties for red light infractions, traffic laws keep the roads safe while you drive. As a result, there are a number of questions on written drivers exams pertaining to state traffic laws. Use DMV.com’s sample practice test to see how well you know the road rules.
During your daily commute, you will be frequently directed by traffic signals. The written drivers test has questions on how to manage:
- Traffic control.
- Pedestrian crossings.
- Lane movements.
Use the DMV.com free sample practice test and learn how to follow the traffic signals.
When you are driving, you must be able to decipher and adhere to a number of traffic signs. Do you know what they mean? DMV.com’s sample practice test has just a few questions on road signs, yet for a full rundown of the different traffic signs, get the full DMV.com Premium Practice Test.
Pavement markings are possibly the most critical aspect of road safety. Take the sample test to see how well you know these road lines:
- Lane separations
- No passing zones
- Edge of the roadway
- Turning lanes
- Reversible lanes
- One-way roads
- Bicycle lanes
- Sharrows (shared-use lanes)
Depending on where you live, weather patterns may affect your ability to drive. As a result, your written drivers exam will include questions on the proper way to operate a vehicle in the fog, rain or snow. The official DMV test will ask you how to deal with these situations that are common in inclement weather:
- Driving with wet brakes
- Brake failure
- Blown tires
- Engine malfunction
- Jammed gas pedals
Get the full Premium Practice Test for in-depth questioning that will prepare you for the DMV written exam.
DMV.com FREE Motorcycle Practice Test Sections
Practice questions are based off of your state’s official motorcycle manual. DMV.com offers free motorcycle test questions that focus on road rules and regulations, maneuvering and safe ways to operate your vehicle.
Two-Wheel Vehicle Operation Rules
To drive a motorcycle, there are specific rules for operating one on public roads. For instance, knowing how to properly signal a turn or who has the right of way at a four-way stop sign is critical information. These questions and more are covered on the motorcycle license exam. DMV.com’s sample driving test is designed to ask you every question that you would find on the official DMV motorcycle written test.
Motorcycle Road Signs and Road Rules
Road signs of all kinds serve to guide and remind drivers as to the rules and regulations they must follow every day. The motorcycle drivers license exam tests your knowledge on:
- Highway driving
- Traffic signs
- Emergency vehicle procedures
- Speed limits and safety
The Free Sample DMV Test from DMV.com will help you learn all the necessary topics covered on the real exam to speed up the process of getting a motorcycle license.
Motorcycle Safety Guidelines
There are guidelines that keep motorcyclists and other drivers safe while on the road. The DMV written Practice Test gets you prepared to answer questions on safe maneuvering in traffic.
Handling Extreme Weather Conditions
Extreme weather conditions can be more dangerous for motorcycle drivers than for automobile drivers. The Free Sample Practice Test includes questions on safety protocol during extreme weather conditions, including:
- Brake failures or wet brakes
- Skidding or hydroplaning
- Engine malfunction
By knowing the proper procedures, you will remain safe when operating a motorcycle in inclement weather.
Usage of Protective Motorcycle Gear
Motorcycle license holders need to be careful on the roads. There are riding tactics – like staying out of blind spots – that minimize the risk of an accident. Nonetheless, knowing the function of protective motorcycle gear is useful:
- Motorcycle jackets
- Proper footwear
DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
DMV.com recommends you follow this five-step DMV written practice test study checklist to get the most out of your preparations:
- First, download or pick up a copy of your states motorcycle driving license manual. Review it while focusing on the road rules, traffic signs and vehicle operation sections. The written exam will cover these sections heavily.
- Second, DMV.com recommends taking one of our Motorcycle License DMV Sample Tests to become familiar with the testing structure and content. Our Practice Test Sample questions include information covered by the state manual, which is what the DMV motorcycle test is based off of.
- Third, once you complete the practice test, use the extended DMV.com Study Guide. Our Study Guide makes it easier to learn by presenting all the information from the state drivers manual in an organized, condensed, and systematic way.
- Fourth is to evaluate your performance from the DMV.com sample dmv test to determine your preparedness for the real exam. You may purchase the DMV.com Premium Practice Test if you need additional preparation.
- The fifth step is to repeat the process of studying and taking driving written practice tests until you reach a 90 percent score or higher. Now you are ready to book an appointment with the DMV and get on the road!
Getting Your Motorcycle License
To receive your motorcycle endorsement, you must go through the entire application process. We have laid it out into this easy-to-follow, 10-step process:
- Take the DMV.com Free driving written practice test.
- Increase your knowledge in problem areas with the DMV.com Study Guide for DMV written test.
- Repeat the process of taking the practice exam until you reach a 90% grade.
- Pull together all of the required applications and documents required to get your motorcycle license.
- Call or go online to make an exam appointment with your local DMV office.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass the on-road driving exam.
- Submit your required documents.
- Pay all necessary motorcycle license fees.
Take the DMV Free Permit Test
Subscribe For Updates
Stay current with the latest news on the DMV and automotive industry.