Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
Online Services Available - GuideSponsored Ads
FIND WASHINGTON DC DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local washington dc dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Washington DC Department of Motor Vehicles
(202) 737-4404: 24x7 call center
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Department of Motor Vehicles Government of the District of Columbia PO Box 90120 Washington, DC 20090
You may also contact the DMV via email with specific questions or issues at email@example.com.
The Washington DC Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has several locations. Click service location to find the DMV office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting DMV locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the DMV to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Schedule a vehicle inspection or child care seat fitting online.
- Make a road test appointment online, or call a DMV service center at 311 or (202) 737-4404 to make a road test appointment or to cancel your pre-scheduled road test, for both commercial and non-commercial licenses.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- local DMV office deal with titles, registration, licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests are performed only at road test facilities. General hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:15 am-4:00 pm, except for closing holidays. Different Centers are open on different days and operate at different times. Some are also open on Saturdays. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Center before visiting in person.
- Brentwood CDL Office handles issues concerning commercial licenses. It is open Monday-Friday, 8:15 am-4:00 pm, except for closing holidays. However, CDL knowledge test is only conducted between 8:15 am-2:00 pm.
- Georgetown Service Center deals with licenses, non-driver IDs, and permits for non-U.S. citizens and diplomats. This Center is open Tuesday-Saturday, 8:15 am-4:00 pm, except for closing holidays.
- Brentwood Road Test Center is open Monday-Friday; 8:15 am-4:00 pm, except for closing holidays, and conducts road tests for motorcycles and non-commercial licenses. After passing the vision and knowledge tests, you can schedule a road test, either online or at a DMV Service Center.
- Road tests for commercial licenses are only conducted by prior appointment at the Commercial Vehicle Road Test Lot, Monday-Friday, 7:15 am-3:00 pm, except for closing holidays.
- Vehicle Inspection Station is available for vehicle inspections. Main operating hours for this station is Monday-Friday, 6:00 am-6:00 pm and Saturday 7:00 am-3:00 pm, except for closing holidays. However, different types of inspection services are offered at this office at different times. Please verify the hours of your preferred service before visiting in person.
- Adjudication Services handles issues concerning ticket payment plans or walk-in parking hearings, Monday-Friday, 8:15 am-4:00 pm. However, you may enter early if you have an appointment for 7:30 am for a scheduled hearing. Boot & tow payments, ticket payments services are open Monday-Friday, 8:15 am-5:00 pm, except for closing holidays. Boot & tow payments after due date can be made at the Driver Improvement Office.
- Driver Improvement Office offers limited driver license services related to driver records, license reinstatements and also reinstatement hearing schedules. It is open Monday-Friday, 8:15 am-4:00 pm, except for closing holidays.