FIND ALABAMA DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local Alabama dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE MVD
Alabama's Department of Public Safety's Driver License Division handles driver license related matters and the Department of Revenue's Motor Vehicle Division, handles vehicle-related matters.
Alabama Department of Public Safety
(334) 242-4200 - for Driver's License queries
Phone numbers to individual district offices.
Alabama Department of Revenue MVD
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Department of Public Safety - General mail
P.O. Box 1511
Montgomery, AL 36102
DPS Driver License related mail
P.O. Box 1471
Montgomery, AL 36102-1471
The mailing address PO Box number for each section of the MVD varies, and can be seen here.
You may also contact the MVD via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email form for issues concerning driver licensing issues.
- Email form for vehicle related issues can be found here.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The Alabama DPS and MVD have locations in all counties throughout the State.
to find the driver license office location nearest you.
To obtain reports regarding driving records, accidents and reinstatement of licenses, click here
for your nearest location.
For registration, titles and tags, click here
for the nearest MVD office.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
Apart from visiting a driver license office location to schedule your vision, knowledge
and road tests, you may also schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment, or reschedule an existing appointment by calling (334) 242-4200. For Birmingham only, email Bham.DLRoadTestAppt@dps.alabama.gov or call (205) 252-7445.
- Schedule a road test online by choosing your county.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Driver's License offices, operated by the Department of Public Safety handle issues concerning licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests are performed only at road test facilities. Most of the centers are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm, although some close at 4:30 pm and others at 2:00 pm.
- The MVD operated by the Department of Revenue, deals with titles, registration and more. General hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm, except for legal holidays.
- Driver Testing Facilities provide driver vision and knowledge testing services. You can also schedule a road test at these facilities, but the actual road test must take place at a road test facility. Driver testing facilities are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm, although some close at 4:30 pm and others at 2:00 pm.