How to Renew a Driver's License in Wyoming
A Wyoming Driver's License can be renewed in person at any local Department of Transportation (WYDOT) exam station in the state or by mail.
However, it is mandatory for an applicant to apply in person at least once in every 8 years. This is to allow a physical assessment of ability to drive.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Your Wyoming driver's license is valid for four years and generally expires on your birthday.
- WYDOT will send you a renewal notice by mail 120 days prior to the expiration date.
- If you are over 21 years of age you can renew any time up to 120 days prior to expiration and if you are under 21, up to 90 days prior to the expiration date.
TO RENEW IN PERSONYou must bring:
- Your expiring license or the renewal card.
- A completed renewal application form.
- A renewal fee of $18.
TO RENEW BY MAILRenewing by mail is an option that can be exercised once every 8 years. You need:
- A filled in renewal application that you will receive in the mail 120 days prior to expiration. You can also download the application form from the WYDOT website.
- A driver vision evaluation form or other written evidence completed by a vision specialist testifying your visual competence. This documentation should be dated within one year of application of license renewal.
- A check or money order for $18 made out to WYDOT.
Driver Services 5300 Bishop Blvd. Cheyenne, WY 82009-3340